A Birthday Present


I am so ready for spring. 
The sight of brown grass and bare trees is really starting to get to me. We did have a little bit of rain yesterday though, so green growing things can't be too far behind! 

If you need to see a bright pop of color like me right now, here's a little project I put together for my mom's birthday present.

I found this note pad box in the stationary aisle at the bookstore. I thought mom might like the flowers and butterflies on the lid but I was really hoping it would be the perfect size for these....

Photos!
You have no idea how excited I was that these photos actually fit perfectly haha!

If you follow me on Instagram, you will have seen these photos of #bettysgarden from when I stayed with my mom last June. I loved spending time working on her yard and garden and of course, hanging out with her!
 My favorite thing to do was documenting her awesome garden using my cell phone camera. I ended up with a lot of good photos and I thought it would be cool to make prints to put in her garden journal. When it came time to make some prints though, I wasn't sure how to do it. 

I did some searching on the internet and decided to use printstagram. I downloaded the app to my phone and then the rest was so easy. The app connects to Instagram where you can select the photos you want to print. It took about a week to get the prints in the mail, and as you can see, they turned out really nice! 

I chose the 4"x4" size prints. The paper is a heavy card stock so these could easily be displayed in a photo holder and not curl up like regular prints.

One of my favorite childhood memories of my mom is when she would read to my sisters and I before bed at night. We'd all get our jammies on and then climb into bed with her. She read all kinds of stories, but my favorites always involved animals, one of which was the story of Peter Rabbit.

To me, Peter Rabbit was not just a character in a book, he was real! Anytime the lettuce had been nibbled in mom's garden it was Peter Rabbit's fault! If a vegetable had been stolen, Peter Rabbit was always the culprit! So when I saw this book, Beatrix Potter's Gardening Life, I knew mom would like it. I thumbed through it and now I can't stop thinking about it. I want to buy it for myself! I'm hoping it will be a little gardening inspiration while we wait for warmer days to arrive.



Comments

Popular Posts