WIP Wednesday


I've been working on my dad's wall hanging. He wanted something that shows the colors of the seasons. I thought about this for awhile and decided on this block which looks like the sun. In each quadrant, I tried to use the colors of the seasons. I even put brown in there for fall! Brown is not a color I use often haha! The blue background is the sky. 


I've decided to make this a medallion style quilt. I've pinned a whole bunch of them on pinterest, trying to decide what to do about the borders. I finally decided on squares on point for the first border, started sewing and immediately ran out of background fabric! I had to start again. This is pretty close to what I had originally, just a little brighter. 


So now, I have to decide what color and style for the next border. I'm also wondering how I can continue the seasons theme. Do I sew a border in each seasons colors or just have fun with it? Hmm. Gonna think about it some more.

Comments

  1. Holy Smokes ..I love it! that is going to be so cool! I can't wait to see what you do next! Leaves maybe in an orange peel style? Whatever it will be I am sure it will cool but just know I want this or one just like this. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts